This year, I am working on having more structure, exploring the depth in my core being, accepting my flawed self, and being in the world more boldly.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to my (almost weekly) newsletter.
Where am I most obsessively focused for the foreseeable future? In no particular order:
- Client Work — Working with my clients on optimizing their website & online businesses.
- Podcast — In the process of building my podcast and including interesting people in interviews.
- YouTube — My list of ideas is massive. I am refocusing on the creation of regular content.
- Classes — I started creating online classes on Skillshare earlier this year. Now I work on adding more to the platform.
- Letting Go of Expectations — For the longest time I procrastinated way too much because I thought what I will make is not good enough. I am now learning to let that go and just create what I can create in this moment. It’s not going to be perfect and that’s ok.
- Consume Less & Create More — For far too long I have been consuming way too much. I am learning to step away and instead make room for my own creations.
Books & Courses
Reading books to better think, work, and live life. My goal is to read 24 books in 2018 (done with 11).
- Einführung ins Familienaufstellen by Bert Hellinger
- Own the Day, Own Your Life: Optimised Practices for Waking, Working, Learning, Eating, Training, Playing, Sleeping and Sex by Aubrey Marcus
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
Absorbed in 2019 (in order):
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World Hardcover by Cal Newport
- Projekt Saturn: Perry Rhodan 2500 by Frank Borsch
- Man’s Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust by Viktor E Frankl
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me by Lily Collins
- Way of the Warrior Kid by Jocko Willink
- Liebe dich selbst und es ist egal, wen du heiratest by Eva-Maria Zurhorst
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- How to Love a Woman: On Intimacy and the Erotic Life of Women by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Embodiment – Der Körper in der Psychotherapie by Claas Lahmann
- happy money by ken honda (Video Thoughts)
- Wie sich starke Männer und starke Frauen lieben können by Maja & Johannes Storch
I’m happy to discuss opportunities around any and all these ideas.
Please contact me:
Principles I try to Live By
- ONE – One thing at a time. If situation requires, apply Pareto’s Principle. If situation does not require, do what you want first.
- Externalize distractions – When working, distractions will surface. If need be, write it down, then return to your Thing. After your session, examine the list. Delete the nonsense, knock off the quick tasks, and delegate the trivial. And then, return to the Thing.
- Celebrate everyday successes – Practice gratitude, spread love. Life’s too important to be taken seriously.
- Competition – The only competition you have is yourself.
- Changing people – You can’t change other people. You can only change yourself..
- Dauntless – Fear is a disempowering emotion to live with. Your real self is not filled with fear. Discard it, and you will be set free.
- STOIC – Someone who does not give a shit about the stupid things in this world that most people care so much about. Stoics do have emotions, but only for the things in this world that really matter. They are the most real people alive.
Group of kids are sitting on a porch. Stoic walks by.
Kid – “Hey man, yur a fuckin faggot an you suck cock!”
Stoic – “Good for you.”